The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jan 2, 2013

Just wondering if I should seek out an hiv specific nutritionist or will a general nutritionist be ok. Thanks Ed

Response from Mr. Vergel

If you can find an HIV savvy one, that would be great. If not, one that has a lot of experience with patients with diabetes will be OK.

Call your local AIDS Service organizations and clinics. They usually know dietitians who work with HIV patients.

Also, read this article if you have not already. It will give you the basics to enable you to ask questions to the dietitian.


Outsmarting HIV With Healthy Eating

HIV & Bariatric Surgery
More about elevated hemoglobin and Testosterone

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint