Confused About Supplements

Nelson, I originally sent this on 11/18, but I haven't noticed a response yet, so forgive me for sending it again, please.

Nelson, you must get tired of answering questions about supplements over and over again but, unfortunately, I cannot find a question in this forum that specifically addresses my concerns, and I guess everyones situation is different, anyway, so please bear with me.

I take so many supplements, practically all of them based on advice and recommendations you have given us over the years. However, the sheer number of supplement pills I am now taking -- presently, 22 pills per day, in addition to my prescribed meds -- is often so overwhelming that I tend to skip my daily dosage of many of them.

You have mentioned before, if I'm not mistaken, the lack of studies/research on the effectiveness of supplementation in those infected with HIV, as I am, yet you have also cited some studies that have shown some benefits. Furthermore, I often come across conflicting advice "experts" that it makes making an informed decision regarding which supplements to take extremely confusing and difficult. Supplements can be costly, too, especially on a fixed low income like mine, though I am willing to make the investment (as I have been) if it means better health now and in the future.

My questions are: Which supplements below are most beneficial for me, and which are the least effective/unproven and can be eliminated from my daily intake? Of those you recommend, is my total daily dosage good or should it be increased/decreased?

My goal is to find the proper balance (for me) in order to reap the benefits AND maintain daily adherence by reducing the number of pills.

My viral load is undetectable and my absolute CD4 is 850. I am pre-diabetic (102-117 md/dL glucose), have consistently high bilirubin, MCV and MCH; high cholesterol, and low T.

Prescribed meds I take: Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada, Androgel, Dulera, Crestor, Valium

Supplements I presently take: Acidophilus Multivitamin/mineral Calcium, 250 mg Chromium, 600 mcg Magnesium, 400 mg Fiber SAM-e, 400 mg CoQ, 300 mg B-complex Alpha lipoic acid, 600 mg Lutein/Zeaxanthin, 25 mg/5 mg Fish oil, 2400 mg Zinc, 50 mg Selenium, 400 mcg

Thank you in advance for your advice and, as always, for your generous commitment to our community.

Jamie

Jamie

These are the ones I use after my own experience and reading.

Nelson's supplements

Please go ahead and ask me any questions after you watch this video

Nelson

consulta sobre vih