Sun Warrior

Hello Mr. Vergel!

First of all, thank you for your work at TheBody. I was diagnosed no October 18, 2010, and this website was the first place where I felt "safe". The job you and your colleagues do here is extraordinary.

I've seen your answers about Whey Protein and similar supplements. However, I'm inclined to use Sun Warrior 'Classic Protein' ( www.sunwarrior.com/product-info/classic-protein/ ), since I'm lactose intolerant and into organics.

I've already tried it for couple of months, with great results against fatigue and weight loss. I'm working out and running 4-5 times a week and the muscular gain is visible. However, I'm concerned about the long-term use of the protein, specially concerning my kidney function.

My viral load is undetectable since February 2011 and my CD4 count raised for the first time this month, from 268 to 436, since the beginning of HAART and while taking Sun Warrior.

Since I'm on Atripla, Should I be concerned about long-term use of this (or any other) protein supplement regarding kidney function? Could this CD4 ascent be significantly related to the supplement?

Thank you and wish you the best.

J.S.

Interesting supplement indeed. The fact that they can make a vegan protein supplement with such complete aminoacid profile surprises me. I may have to try it myself since I cannot tolerate whey protein in any form.

Protein consumption has to be extremely high (much over 1 gram per pound of body weight per day) for your kidneys to be loaded. Your doctor checks your kidney function by having your creatinine blood levels checked. He/she also should have the lab calculated your creatinine clearance, which should always be at least 60 mL/min/1.73m2. Talk to him or her about it so that you can follow your kidney function, even if you do not take this supplement.

Nelson

depresion endogena
mantener a raya la DHT