testosterone and quality of life

Mr Vergel, I started an exercise program in 2004...I was 125 (i think approx 255-260lb)and 6'3".I had not much muscle and was lazy( due to depression ) Upon completion of the 8 weeks i craved exercise, and kept it up ...3 yrs later i was about 220lb and feeling GREAT. In the same group that started was a thin man who was on testosterone...now he looks "a million dollars" full of energy and more energitic than myself. his bloods(cd4) are a lot lower than mine , but has been on meds(UD) since 1991,...I will start med soon,,Diag 2000. Still good CD4 level with 20K VL..my Q: this man is nearly 15 years older than me and so much more energetic...(he is in 50's) Do you think i should get a Testos. level done? I am 38. I can exercise ok 5 days a week but am very fatigued. Or am I too young to think i have low levels? By the way exercise has worked better than any drug ....whether it be for sleep or mood..I love it..thanks for your opinion!

It never hurts to get your testosterone checked if you have symptoms of low testosterone (lackof sex drive, fatigue, low mood, etc). There are over 6 products approved in the United States for testosterone replacement that can be prescribed. More information in testosteronewisdom.blogspot.com

You may also want to read this previous answer about fatigue:

Tips on fatigue

I hope this helps!

Nelson

newly diagnosed
hepatic parenchyma