cd4 not increasing for long time

Hello Dr Nelson, Just want to thank you once again for your (video clips) about been newly diagnosed and others,hey men you looks great and sweet on the video. anyway my question is ,I and my wife has been hiv+ since december 2007 and on regimen( sustiva, truvada) though I started with low cd4 20 vl one million and she started with cd4 220 vl 25,000 since then her cd4 still not increasing as it suppose to be it's only 413 her new lab result,though she underwent many surgry for heamorroid and cyzt last year.so what will cause her cd4 to remain low for long time ?,while mine is sometime 545 but new result was 400. am really concerns about her.

Thanks for your kind words.

Your wife and your CD4 cell numbers are great. Congratulations.

It is impossible to predict and explain why some people have bigger gains in CD4 cell counts than others. We are still learning how the immune system works!

Factors like CD8 cell and cytokine response, nutritional status, stress levels, genetics, etc can be involved. But the truth is that we do not really know. CD4 cell gains of 200-250 after 48 weeks of successful HIV treatment are common in most studies, though.

Nelson

Body Building
newly diagnosed