Body Building

I was big into power lifting and body building before my HIV scare, I'm waiting to get tested again in January. In the terrible event that I do have it, I still wish to continue power lifting and body building. Is there anything stopping my body (besides the cortisol from the stressful situation) from gaining muscle if I had HIV? For example, would my testosterone levels be lower, or would the virus itself create a catabolic environment in my body to the point where I wouldn't be building muscle at the same rate? I work very hard in the gym, and with my meals, to not be seeing the results because of HIV. It's something I need to know. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience, thanks in advance - Buffalo

Buffalo

There is nothing that prevents a HIV+ person with undetectable viral load to be strong and build muscle. The key word is "undetectable" , meaning being on successful HIV treatment. People with detectable virus may lose protein stores and lean tissue faster than normal, however.

Nelson

Milk Thistle
cd4 not increasing for long time