Issues with Wasting Syndrome Meds.

Nelson --

Many thanks for all you do. Your wealth of knowledge is indispensible. If there's any opinion in the world to listen to... I'd say it's yours.

Question: I seroconverted, was diagnosed and medicated all pretty quickly, back in 2003. I've been extremely fortunate since: always been undetectable with good T-numbers.

I was first put on Trizivir, for about 6 months, during which time I dropped about 25 pounds to 155lb (6ft2). Then I switched to a Sustiva-Epivir-Viread combo which has worked great, but I think the 6 month exposure to the (AZT?) in trizivir, really screwed my fat storage/retention abilities. My doctor at the time checked my hormone levels, etc. -- and I was put on Androgel and Oxandrolone tabs (and marinol for appetite), which has worked relatively well since.

So here it is, almost 10 years later, and I'm still on hormone replacement and Anavar. (Hormone levels normal, 175lbs for years now). I have a new doctor who's fantastic, but since he's an infectious disease guy, I feel he has less expertise in steriod/hormone issues. So what's your opinion on such long-term treatment with these meds? Is this medication combo. a good pick for a touch of wasting? If I'm feeling good and looking good with what Im currently on -- are there downsides to all this (or better alternatives?), you might have a feeling about, or should I just leave well enough alone and keep taking Andro/Anavar? I haven't done injectables or other steriod meds than these. I read that Anavar is less toxic than a lot of other options.

Any opinion?

Cheers,

MR

Anavar is called Oxandrolone (old brand name: Oxandrin).Info:

Oxandrolone Tips

Oxandrolone is the only oral anabolic approved to treat unintentional weight loss caused by illness. It is a good agent for increasing lean body mass and burning fat, but it can decrease good cholesterol (HDL) and elevate liver enzymes. What is your HDL? If it is under 45-50, I would be careful since we need HDL to keep the bad cholesterol in check.

Also, oxandrolone burns fat under the skin and in the visceral area. For those with lipoatrophy, it may make it worse.

Another issue with anabolics in general is shrinkage of testicles. Some men use HCG to keep this problem in check:

HCG

The beauty of the drug is the hardness in lean mass it produces, though.

Nelson

dudas...
Milk Thistle