Blood

Dear Doctor, For the past few years, my blood test always shows my RBC count to be high (5.8); my hemoglobin is low (10.1); MCV is low (64); MCH is low (17.4); MCHC is los (27.3) and my RDW is high (20.8). I belive is due to some type of anemia. what do you think I could do to improve all mention herein.

Thanks, CP

You dont mention what is your HIV status and which HIV drugs you are taking. Your lab tests suggest you may have iron deficiency so evaluation my your HIV doctor for iron/vitamin deficiency as a possible cause. Some HIV drugs can contribute to anemia (such as zidovudine or AZT)but your lab picture is not typical for that. KH

arrugas
HIV and Winstrol