What is the best diet / Nutrition when taking Post Exposure Prophylaxis ?

I started taking post exposure prophylaxis 2 days ago, after I was exposed at work.

I was wondering what would be the best diet and nutrition ( ex: low protein, high vegetables) ?

Also; I work out a lot and take a lot of different supplements. Should I stop taking them.

Creatine, BCAA, Glutamine, Whey Protein, ZMA, Milk Thistle, Amino Acids, Mega Men Sport Multivitamin, Tribulus Terrestris, Carbo Gain.

Thank you !

To be honest with you, a healthy diet like the one I describe in the article below is good for everyone, no matter if you are HIV+ or not.

In in my opinion, taking your HIV medications on time and keeping stress down while on post exposure prophylaxis are the most important things to do. Keeping anxiety in check is probably the most challenging thing to do while finishing a course of treatment after you have been exposed.

Do you know if the person whose blood or semen you were exposed to has undetectable viral load? That is probably the most important piece of information a person like you can have. If this indeed the case, your chances to get infected are a lot lower.

I am not sure what HIV medications you are taking. Some require food and some other do not.

Good luck and try to do things that you enjoy to take your mind off worries right now.

Nelson

Nutrition Tips

High triglycerides, nothing works.
arrugas