Testosterone lab update question from friend and fan.

Hello, Mr. Nelson.

So I got back my labs. My TT:169 ng/dl, FT:25 pg/ml, Estradiol:76 pg/ml, FSH:1.8 miu/ml, LH:2.3 miu/ml, SHBG:42 nmol/l, TSH:3.030 ULU/ML. My fsh and lh are in normal range. My questions are. 1. Please help me understand these labs. 2. If I started hrt in the pass, could that have brought my fsh lh down. My endo when first gave me labs only tested TT and prolactin. TT was very low and prolactin was normal. I asked him a few months later after starting hrt why he did not run an fsh lh test, and could i get one. He said it was to late. He side after starting hrt the fsh lh would have already come down. Please help sir. Thanks Mr. Nelson

I am sorry but I do not understand what your main question is. It seems to me that your doctor has done a great job at testing the main components of your hormonal axis. You have low testosterone. Your doctor is also right when saying that FSH drops when you use testosterone. Did he prescribe a testosterone product for you? I am assuming that the reason that you got all these tests done is because you had all symptoms of hypogonadism and are seeking treatment for those symptoms. His tests can achieve that decision making. There are 6 testosterone replacement options that you can discuss with him. Once you start testosterone, your LH and FSH will go down, but that is what to expect. if you have plans to have children in the future, talk to your doctor about what this lowering of LH and FSH means and how this may impact your fertility.

You can find more details in my blog: http://testosteronewisdom.blogspot.com/

Nelson

After PEP Questions
Alternatives to Resistance or Upper Body Training