Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Do I have a HIV?
Sep 30, 2012

Dear Nelson, I had once a risky sex with one Pro around 11 months back(OCT 11).It was my biggest mistake in my life.I had used Condoms but had done some intimate deep kissing with her. I had checked & the COndom was properly used & it was not broken or anything. After few days later (around 1-2 months)i noticed i started having gum problems. I contacted dental office & they did a oral sclap & deep cleaning but that didn't help. then on last week (11 months post exposure) i had a Lab work done for all STD through labcorp & here is the resoults:

HIV 1/O/2 Abs-Index Value---Result:<1.00---Ref Range: <1.00

Index Value: Specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff.

HIV 1/O/2 Abs, Qual Result: Non Reactive --REF range: Non Reactive

HSV 1 IgG, Type Spec result: 4.40 (HIGH) ---- Index: 0.00-0.90

The report shows i got HSV1. Do i also have HIV1? as in the result it shows <1 which is within ref range but in index value it shows: Specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff. Also do you think this test on 11 months is a final one or shall i get retested again after 3-4 months or do you suggest any other HIV test may be required? Please suggest with your kind comment as i am spending sleepless nights right now in tension.

Best wishes, Case

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Your HIV test result indicates that you are non-reactive, or in other words, HIV negative, This test would be considered conclusive as it is outside of the three month window. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Previous
testosterona gel vs intramuscular
Next
After PEP Questions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.