Atripla and workout supplements
Sep 28, 2012
which common ingredients in protein, pre workout, post workout powders/supplements, etc should be avoided while on HIV medication ie Atripla. My doctor discouraged supplements/powders containing creatine, which is common.
Response from Mr. Vergel
Yes, I would be careful with creatine since it can increase your blood creatinine level and freak out your doctor when he worries that you have kidney dysfunction.
Whey protein, amino acids, caffeine and taurine based (watch your blood pressure), and others may be OK.
I am a fan of Dr Mauro Di Pasquale, author of several books ( Mauro Di Pasquale bio ). He has a product that I particularly like due to its good aminoacid balance:
You may also want to read a past answer on protein supplements:
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.