Axiron Testosterone Gel

Hello Nelson; I'm a 52 year old man with HIV - I have been using testosterone supplements since my early 40's. The best results all around have been the injectable forms but in the last few years not one doctor has Rx'd it for me so I've done the Androgel and compounded formulas (which are much more expensive), with some minor improvements in energy, libido, and all around health. But I truly miss the energy and stamina I had from the injectable. It just made me feel better. In the last couple of months my test levels started to drop - I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but my Dr. Rx'd Axiron. First he prescribed 4 pumps daily which delivers approximately 120 mgs - then my insurance would only cover a 30 day supply so now only 2 pumps a day of 60 mgs. You apply it in this little cup under your arms like liquid deodorant. It actually burns my pits for a couple of minutes and is not the most efficient delivery system - seems like a lot of it falls in the sink or on my legs. Is this considered by the experts, like yourself, an effective formula for testosterone? The only benefits I've ever had were from the weekly injections I used to get - in the last year or so it seems like injecting testosterone has acquired a stigma and not one doctor will RX it to me. However, my partner who is not HIV+ gets the injectable from his doc. So I'm a bit confused why there is a big "no" when I ask. Is there something I'm not understanding? Are the doctors afraid to RX it? One of the benefits I also get from the injectable form is for my herniated discs. Seemed to relieve the pain greatly and allow me to exercise more substantially. Does this sound familiar or am I just imagining this? Anyway, I just want to know if I'm wasting my time or money and if there is another source or avenue I can take. I did see in one of your posts an organization called apsmeds.com but I'm in California - will that clinic work with people outside of Florida? Thanks to much.

Weekly injections of 100 mg-200 mg of testosterone cypionate or enanthate are the cheapest form of testosterone replacement therapy. Most doctor's nurses teach patients how to self inject so that they can do so at home. Although transdermal (absorbed through the skin) products like Testim, Androgel, Axiron and Fortesta may maintain more constant testosterone blood levels, many men do not feel a lot better unless using injections. And what really disturbs me the most so far in medical practice is the lack of follow up by physicians who do not retest blood levels of testosterone after 6 weeks of starting therapy to see where blood levels are to determine is the dose needs readjustment

Reyataz & Truvada, doctor wants to add Norvir
Supplements/tips to gain muscle