Re: Topical Testosterone

I have tried Androgel 1% 50mg. My T level was around 450. Because of the cost of Androgel I switched to a compounded cream that I applied to the tops of my feet (one of the sites the pharmacy recommended) and I dropped to 255. I'm sure a rep from Axiron visited my doctor because she recommended Axiron and gave me a packet with a co-pay savings card. My T was up using Axiron for at least 6 weeks, then it dropped. Thank you again for all your help.

jeff

Re: Topical Testosterone Aug 13, 2012

Hi Nelson, The doctor ordered another test, now I'm at 331. The topical testosterone is Axiron. I'm using a new bottle, applying it the same everyday, no change with my other medications. The only difference was three days before the blood draw I showered in the late afternoon (about 9 hrs after applying Axiron) when I usually keep it on for 24 hrs. Can the skin become less absorbent? Thanks again!

jeff

Topical Testosterone Aug 11, 2012

Hi Nelson, Six weeks after starting a new topical testosterone treatment my T level was just above 600. Five months later it dropped to 255. I'm not doing anything different. Why did this happen and what can I do? Thank you.

Jeff

Something is not right. Either the product you are using is not good, you are not taking it every day, or you are taking a medication that lowers your testosterone.

Nelson

You are the third person this week that tells me their testosterone blood level is not increasing much after using Axiron. I will email the company about this since I think it is extremely strange that this is happening.

I wonder if absorption through the armpit area is compromised by deodorants or sweating.

Have you tried Androgel or a higher concentration compounded gel yet?

Nelson

You may want to try a higher concentration testosterone cream (compounding pharmacies can make them up to 10%) or 100-200 mg weekly injections instead. I use apsmeds.com. Their HIV rep's email is anthony@apsmeds.com

Also, have your estradiol and thyroid tested to ensure that they are no contributing to your poor response.

Nelson

Re: Topical Testosterone
reencantarse con la vida...