maca for sperm count, not mojo?

Hi Nelson,

Love your forums! I went looking in the world at large for info on maca and HIV and found this from you:

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Nutrition/Q213361.html

... but I'm interested in the effects of maca for sperm count.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/350433-benefits-of-maca-root-on-fertility/

My babymaking partner is poz, we're doing sperm washing and cervical cup insem but you know that's $$$, want to maximize our one or two tries by enhancing the sperm, if possible.

Heard anything in the grapevine about interaction between maca and HIV meds? He takes the Quad trial drug. And of course, if you've heard anything about maca increasing sperm count and robustness, please share. And if you know anything about sperm-count-boosting foods, feel free to bring that information too.

I'll name the little one Nelson if it's a girl, Vergel if it's a boy!

LOL thanks a lot. You made me laugh with your question.

Maca is useless. Do not waste your time with it.

If you want your partner to improve sperm quality, I suggest the following for him:

1- Do not smoke or use street drugs. But you know that already

2- Ensure that he does not have zinc or folic acid deficiency.Effects of folic acid and zinc sulfate on male factor subfertility: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial

3- Ensure that his testosterone and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) are OK. If they are not, he may need supplementation.

4- Carnitine could help motility: A placebo-controlled double-blind randomized trial of the use of combined l-carnitine and l-acetyl-carnitine treatment in men with asthenozoospermia

5- Have him wear boxers instead of regular underwear so that he keeps his testicles cool.

6- Read this report : Positive Parent: Reproductive Options for People with HIV

7- Have his sperm count and quality tested by your fertility doctor.

I hope this helps! Let me know if it is a boy or a girl!

Nelson

Sushi=No, no. Really?
Lipoatrofia