WORMWOOD

Does wormwood interact with any hiv meds sometimes i take it to help get ride of overactive bowel bugs. have had c diff in the past. a once in while dose seems to stop the bowel whem it seems like might be going towards a c diff infection take it 00 capsule for 3or 4 days.

This is all I could find for you:

WORMWOOD INTERACTIONS

Hepatic Metabolism Modifier Herbs

Interactions with Drugs

Wormwood may interfere with the way the body processes certain drugs using the liver's cytochrome P450 enzyme system. As a result, the levels of these drugs may change in the blood and may cause increased or decreased effects or potentially serious adverse reactions. Patients taking any medication should check the package insert and speak with a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, about possible interactions.

Wormwood may interact with agents that affect the immune system, agents that affect the blood, agents that damage the kidney, agents that prevent formation of new blood vessels, alcohol, agents that affect heart rhythm, anticancer agents, anti-inflammatory agents, antimalarial agents, antimicrobials, butyric acid, cannabinoids, drugs that affect GABA, gastrointestinal agents, hormonal agents, neurologic agents, serotonin receptor antagonists, or skeletal muscle relaxants.

Interactions with Herbs and Dietary Supplements

Wormwood may interfere with the way the body processes certain herbs or supplements using the liver's cytochrome P450 enzyme system. As a result, the levels of other herbs or supplements may become too high or too low in the blood. It may also alter the effects that other herbs or supplements possibly have on the cytochrome P450 system. Wormwood may interact with anticancer herbs and supplements, anti-inflammatory herbs and supplements, antimalarial herbs and supplements, antimicrobials, antioxidants, cannabinoids, gastrointestinal herbs and supplements, herbs and supplements that affect GABA, herbs and supplements that affect heart rhythm, herbs and supplements that affect the blood, herbs and supplements that damage the kidney, herbs and supplements that affect the immune system, herbs and supplements that prevent formation of new blood vessels, hormonal herbs and supplements, neurologic herbs and supplements, serotonin receptor antagonists, skeletal muscle relaxants, or vitamin E.

Source: Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium)

Herbs make me very concerned. I am not anti-herb at all since some of the best medications known to man were derived from herbs. I am careful about not taking herbs due to concerns of interactions that may lower my HIV medication blood levels. I would not risk developing HIV drug resistance since I already have a lot of resistance built up.

If I have a bad gut infection, I take flagyl (metrodidazol), rifaximin, or other medication prescribed by my doctor. At least you know what you are getting, they work, and interactions are well known and included in the package insert. I suggest that anyone who is taking a new medication to consult with their pharmacist to see if there are any potential interactions. I also use this great website (however, it lacks supplement and herb related data): www.hiv-druginteractions.org

Nelson

Weight gain, Arms and Legs
tratamiento para la depresion