eye problem

Nelson, please help. I am 33 and I was diagnosed with keratoconjunctivitis (eye inflammation) and my cd=725 and vl=40 copies I'm on Atripla. This is very painful, doe this occur on HIV people who have high cd and low vl and if it does happen how can one curb it? I was given medication but it takes long to heal as I am also studying it make life difficult for me

This is so strange! I just got this email from you and I woke up this morning with conjunctivitis myself!

Keratoconjunctivitis is the combination of conjunctivitis and keratitis (corneal inflammation). I have not seen any data that show that it is more common in people living with HIV. I have had it twice in 10 years.

Conjunctivitis can be bacterial, viral, allergy-related, and chemically induced.

Mine looks bacterial. My doctor prescribed eye drops three times a day of tobramycin+dexamethasone (they both come in the same product). I hope mine clears up in 2-3 days. Too bad I got it today since I have to give a lecture! So, I know the feeling :)

You can read more about it here: Conjunctivitis

Call your doctor for some treatment if you can. But conjunctivitis can also go away on its own. I have never tried to let it ride its course without treatment, though.

Nelson

sushi = NO NO, what about smoked salmon?
5 year into bodybuilding - starting teraphy