hiv in environmental treatment

Hi! I know the question has been asked like for a thousand times, so I hope it doesn't bother you to explain it a little bit to me. Actually, I would like to know, WHY exactly, fresh chewed chewing-gum, that has blood in it, is not a risk for people. Say, your HIV-positive friend bleeds in to the chewing gum and doesnt notice, and you take her chewing gum and put it in your mouth, where you have an open wound, which is bleeding. is there any risk then? there is, right? If no, could you please explain WHY? That would be really nice.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

HIV cannot be transmitted from pre-chewed gum. There are only a few ways HIV can be transmitted:

Sexual transmission. Unprotected sex between a person infected with HIV and an HIV-negative person.

Blood exposure. This can occur through injection drug use when an HIV-negative person shares syringes with an HIV-positive person. Blood-exposure transmission can also occur if an HIV-positive person is actively bleeding and fresh HIV-positive blood comes into contact with an open wound in an HIV-negative person. (This would involve blood-to-blood contact.) HIV can also be transmitted through blood transfusions, although this risk is virtually non-existent in places where the blood supply is screened for HIV.

Childbirth and breastfeeding. HIV-infected women can transmit HIV to their infants during childbirth or by breastfeeding.

HIV is not spread through contact with saliva, urine, sweat, feces or pre-chewed gum! And it is not transmitted by mosquitoes, exposure of blood/bodily fluids to intact skin, kissing, hugging, holding hands, handshakes, sharing drinking glasses or eating utensils, or mutual masturbation.

Take care, LHW

alternatives to meds?
hiv stds