Low Blood Platelets

I have been HIV Positive for about 10years. I have been on Atripla for about 8 years. My tcell count is 895 and my viral load is undetectable. My last labs showed that my blood platelets had dropped to 84,000. Should I be worried? I had been taking ibuprofen for about a week before my labs. Is there anything I can do to increase my blood platelets? All my doctor told me was not to take ibuprofen and she would retest in 6 months but i am concerned.

Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) has been linked to HIV infection. Most often lower levels are well tolerated (ie down to < 25,000). Avoiding antiplatelet drugs (such as aspirin or ibuprofen) makes sense to decrease potential bleeding risk. In the absence of other lab or clinical findings watchful monitoring is often a prudent course for modest decreases in the platelet count in the setting of HIV infection. KH

Reyataz kivexa norvir anavar (oxandrolone)
Nelson, How is Timothy Brown doing?