Supplements

Hi Nelson, I'm a 58 year old hiv- male. I take one .075mg levothyroxine tablet and apply 90mg of Axiron daily. I exercise 4 to 5 times a week, weights and cardio. I take a multivitamin for men 50+ with, but not limited to 15mg zinc, 2mg copper, 162mg calcium, 1000 I.U. of D-3. From researching your replies, I realize I'm not getting enough of the right vitamins. How would you recommend I supplement to get where I should be? Also, on 90mg of Axiron, my T level is 627 yet my libido just isn't there yet. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Your total testosterone blood level is not bad at all. If you do not feel any improvements in sexual desire, you may want to talk to your doctor to increase your Axiron dose by 20% so that you have a little more of an increase, but never go above 1100 ng/dl. Make sure that your prostate has been checked (PSA test and digital rectal exam),and that your hematocrit is not above 51.

You do not mention what your thyroid T3 and T4 blood levels are. Since you are using a thyroid medication, ensure that the 0.075 mg of levothyroxine is bringing you up to normal thyroid hormone levels. Suboptimal thyroid hormone levels can also impair sexual function and reduce the efficacy of testosterone replacement products.

Your supplement seems Ok to me. Just make sure that you are also eating a lot of fruits and vegetables.

You may want to consider having your doctor test your vitamin D levels and make sure the correct test is ordered - a 25-hydroxyvitamin D test. Some HIV studies have found decreased mortality risk and better bone health when 25-hydroxyvitamin D blood levels are between 30-50 ng/mL. Depending on your blood test results, you may want to increase your Vit D intake to 2000-4000 IU per day.

Nelson

tu opinion sobre estos resultados!!
Liver friendly