Wondering About My Testosterone Level?

Got my latest lab results back today, numbers are good, cd4 is 580, cd% is 30. But I am a little concerned about my testosterone levels..They checked my levels (just routinely) and the number is 301. The doctor assured me that it was normal, but it seems a bit low to me? Also I am only 30 years old. The doctor told me not to read too much into one result, to follow up with another test on my next labs in 4 months, and see what it is then. What exactly is a "normal" testosterone range for an adult male? If my number is indeed a bit low, what can I do to boost it naturally, ie diet, etc? I try to live a healthy lifestyle overall and I am a healthy weight. Thanks for any input Nelson!

If you have no symptoms of testosterone defficiency (lack of sex drive and desire, low mood, lack of mental focus) then 301 ng/dl is OK for you. The "normal" range varies depending on the lab, but most are about 250-1100 ng/dl. Some studies have shown that men in the lower quartile of that range may still experience low testosterone symptoms.

Ways to increase testosterone naturally (but don't expect a doubling of the baseline amount!):

Sleep well

Limit your intake of alcohol and do not smoke

Make sure your zinc intake is good since it is needed for proper testosterone production. Some men take 50 mg of zinc per day.

Avoid drugs like Tagamet, prednisone, Nizoral, anabolic steroids and others that may affect testosterone production.

Do not exercise excessively.

If you have symptoms, talk to your doctor about treatment options. We have 6 of them in the US. More on my blog: Nelson's testosterone blog

Nelson

Saludos Nelson
maximumu days to stay without atripla