|How can me and my child be negative?
May 27, 2012
My partner and I were together for about a year and was having unprotected sex the whole time. After the relationship ended I found out I was pregnant and he was HIV positive. I have been tested 3 times and my daughter was only tested when she was released from the hospital after birth (I think). How can we be negative for HIV given he is positive?
| Response from Mr. Vergel
He may have had low or no HIV viral load in his semen due to effective antiretroviral therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.