How can me and my child be negative?
May 27, 2012
My partner and I were together for about a year and was having unprotected sex the whole time. After the relationship ended I found out I was pregnant and he was HIV positive. I have been tested 3 times and my daughter was only tested when she was released from the hospital after birth (I think). How can we be negative for HIV given he is positive?
Response from Mr. Vergel
He may have had low or no HIV viral load in his semen due to effective antiretroviral therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Throat A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Can You Have Hiv Symptoms And Test Negative?
- Natural Remedies For Cytomegalovirus
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.