Coconut water/juice

Hi Doc,

I would like to find out if claims about coconut water/juice is true. It has been said that among the benefits of drinking coconut water/juice helps to aid our body in fighting viruses such as the flu, herpes and even AIDS.

So as what extent does this claim remain to be true? If so, how drinking the water/juice affect my current meds in terms of drug and food interaction?

By the way, I'm on both the Truvada and Efivarenz regimens. And fyi, my last CD4 was 600+ and my VL was less than 40 (after started taking the meds for 6 months).

Regards, Inquirer.

Coconut water has a good balance of electrolites but it has no effect on viruses of any kind. In my opinion, there is a "juice cure" every 6 months or so to which many people fall prey.

Nelson

Testosterone cypionate and Serostim 5mg daily
Questions about HIV doctors in Houston