SGPT is 89

Hi, my SGPT level is 89. What should I do to get it normal with in a week. I underwent a medical examination for a Job where I come to know my SGPT level is high and they have given me a week to get it normal. I have seen an gastroenterologist who prescribed me Ursodiol 600 mg...Please suggest me what to do more...

Do not drink alcohol, do not take Tylenol, stop all supplements but keep taking your HIV medications (I am assuming that you are on meds) and take the Ursodiol as prescribed. This drug is for gallbladder treatment and may improve liver enzymes if you have gallbladder issues.

Some people report improving liver function with the use of SAMe: The Liver Super-Nutrient

However, we have no interaction data between SAMe and HIV medications and only a small study done at ACRIA NY to treat depression in HIV. The study did not report liver enzymes.

Nelson Vergel

Zolinza
Dr. not serious about helping me recover from HIV wasting