Parotid Gland

In response to my question about treatment, you asked what was the radiation and who treated me. I was treated by Dr. Harrison at Beth Israel on Union Square. I don't know the level of radiation. This was seven years ago. I do recall that it was considered low level and I believe there were about 6 treatments over several weeks. However, my question was whether you knew of any other treatments for those individuals who have had radiation treatment already and the swelling returned. Can you help me in this regard? Is the removal of the parotid gland a viable option? Any doctor in NYC who you can recommend re this issue? Many thanks in advance for your help with this.

If you only got 6 treatments, you were probably undertreated. Contact Dr Patricia Gordon's office in Los Angeles to ask her if you could respond again if your treatment plan was adequate. She uses 14 treatments in consecutive days with low dose electron radiation and has a good response rate.

Here is the info: electron radiation for parotids

Nelson

Parotid Gland Treatment
Parotid Gland