Parotid Gland Treatment
Apr 11, 2012
I had radiation on my parotid glands in 2005 to reduce the swelling. This year, the parotid swelling has returned. I read a study that confirmed of 12 people treated with radiation, all had recurring swelling after several years and a second round of radiation did not help any of the individuals in the study. So my question is, if a second round of radiation is not helpful, are there any other courses of treatment to reduce the swelling? Thanks.
Response from Mr. Vergel
Who treated you and what was the dose and number of sessions?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are All The Ways Of Contracting Syphilis?
- Treating Genital Herpes Scabs
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.