Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Homepathic Anxiety Medication
Apr 3, 2012

I suffer from severe anxiety/panic disorder. I have been taking Klonopin for about 7/8 years now. I did a self wean (with proper guidance after tons of research) over a period of 3 months to wean down from 3 pills .05mgs each per day to 1 pill .05mg per day cutting that dosage in 1/2 & taking 1/2 in the AM & 1/2 in the PM. I had to increase back up to 1 pill .05mg in the AM & still taking 1/2 of a .05mg pill in the PM. I really would prefer something that is not a narcotic to treat my symptoms as have tried many other medications such as Zolft, Paxil, etc & they made me depressed. I've also tried Wellbutrin as well with no relief. I have read that narcotics do affect the immune system as well as the Klonopin not being recommended for long term use. I did however recently find a site through an online anxiety/panic support group & was wondering if you feel it is safe to take with my HIV meds & the Klonopin until I can wean off it if this should relieve my panic/anxiety symptoms. They claim is is a "FDA Product Listed NDC#49726-018-01". I want to be sure this is also legit as have never heard of anything homeopathic being FDA approved. I will be going for my quarterly exam with my ID Dr on April 4th & will also be talking to her about this but I'm assuming she will give me the typical response of "I don't know much about supplements & herbs" as she always does even when I try to discuss the supplements this site recommends (I take them anyway). I would really like your response as to if I should give this a try. I currently take Truvada, 100 mgs Norvair & 2 400mgs of Prezista in the evening. My CD4 is currently 1030 with my Viral Load undetectable. I also take a Multi & supplements that give me 200 mgs of Selenium, 50 mgs of all the B Vitamins, 15 mgs of Zinc, 1200 mgs of Calcium, 1200 mgs of Vitamin D, 100mgs of Magnesium (I also use a spray on my skin for Magnesium) & 2000 mg of Omega 3 Fish Oil. Thanks so much for your input in advance. My fingers are crossed in hopes this is safe for me to take as a possible replacement for yet another medication. Here is the link to their site: http://new.anxietin.com/?utm_campaign=Anxietin-C&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=anxiety%20natural%20remedy&s_kwcid=ContentNetwork|6203168062&gclid=CIWl-uDh6q4CFYbe4AodZFHuIg#about

Response from Dr. Henry

That product is not FDA approved or in anyway certified. You dont mention what your HIV regimen is but I doubt there have actually been studies looking at the safety of the ingredients of Anxietin in the setting of HIV or drug interactions with your HIV regimen. If a patient of mine decided to take that product I would want to know about that and monitor for any unusual or unexpected problems. KH

Previous
Use of Stanozolol+Testosterone and hiv medications
Next
Medicine treatment opinion

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.