Things that make me worried

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was diagnozed in January 2012, infected in Q2-Q4 2011. My VN is 147,000 CD4 472, all blood tests are optimal for my age (25). I am MSM, living in the EU with access to free high-level health care. No other co-infections, in good shape, no health problems whatsoever, no drug user but I do smoke. If my next results in April show high VN again, my doctor wants to start the treatment which I think is a good idea.

I would like to ask about two things that make me worried:

1. If my VN after approximately 6 months after infection remains that high, does it mean that I am "fast progressor" or my virus mutation is more aggresive than what is usual?

2. In case I start the treatment and I follow it strictly, what health issues should I be worried about? What are the risks of having treatment failure/multi-resistant mutationof the virus? Can I even consider myself the "lucky guy" from British statistics saying I can easily make it to my 70s?

I just met a very nice HIV- boy who likes me nevertheless my current condition but before I get involved with him, I would like to have these questions at least partially clarified...

Thank you very much for your time

Question 1: Yes, you may be a progressor (fast versus slow, we can never be sure)

Question 2: Assuming that you do not have any pre-existing HIV medication resistance (which will be detected via a HIV genotype test at baseline), there is no reason why you should attain undetectable HIV viral load within the first 26 weeks of treatment and remain so for years to come. Yes, you could be in that group who will live to see old age.

It is important that you start treatment not only for your health but to minimize potential HIV exposure to your HIV negative boyfriend.

Nelson

Cure
Use of Stanozolol+Testosterone and hiv medications