Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

abnormal body fat

at the moment am on DIDIVIR AND NEVIRAPINE combination, my body is changing shape and this is worrying, my upper body is getting bigger especially shoulders parts, and my legs have potruding veins and getting skinny, is there anything i can do to help me.

You are on the equivalent of Viramune plus Truvada, a combo that may have lower risks for lipoatrophy (fat loss) and fat gain.

Keep in mind that all HIV medication combinations tend to make people gain weight during the first months. The lower your CD4 cell count at start, the more chances your regained health may result in higher weight, although this is just a speculation that has not been proven in controlled trials.

Fat loss under the skin is less prevalent since we stopped using Zerit and AZT in most countries. But some studies using other combinations have still shown an incidence of around 10 percent of lipoatrophy in people who have never been exposed to those drugs.

You are on a metabolically friendlier combo, so I suggest you exercise 3-4 times a week for an hour, slowly increase your fiber intake to 30 grams per day (fiber may decrease the incidence of fat gain), and keep your cholesterol, blood glucose and hormones in check.

Nelson

is it a irreversible damage
RE:broken condom