Inclusion Body myositis & Pravistatin Use

I was HIV+ in 1984, started on azt and all the rest of drugs. In 1988 my muscle becam aliitle weak in my legs, muscle's were twitching. 1990-2000 legs were very weak. Then in 2005 my doctor did a biopsy of my muscle, and said I have inclusion body myositis. Now I've been taking Pravistatin since 2006, My phamacist says it can cause myositis, to says it very rear. My muscles hurt me in 1989. I currented take 10 gluthamine, 5 grams d-Ribose, 3 grams L-Carnitine, Q-10 300mg, 3 grams of HMB, and Garlic 3x a day to bring down my muscle enzymes, my CK is at 2,200. I also take a drug called Valprioc Acid 250mg to help with my muscles, I go the the gym 5 days a week. Right now I am very weak in my thighs. My muscle doctors says is nothing out there to help. Do you have any suggetions, or supplement to help out.

Pravastatin, like al statins, can cause muscle aching that you may be predisposed to from prior use of AZT and other drugs that might have caused some mitochondrial toxicity. The alternative meds you are taking have anecdotally helped some patients with mitochondrial muscle disease. I would generally try to avoid statins other drugs that can cause muscle aching/problems. If any reader has a suggestion or personal experience please post.KH

DHEA and allergies
You seem less optimistic about the time needed for a cure