anxiety and depression

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:59 PM, sisselmand@bellsouth.net <sisselmand@bellsouth.net> wrote: OK Nelson here goes...I am almost 57 (poz 24+yrs.). Really wrestling with depression anxiety, lack of focus and fearful of making decisions. Testosterone is around 199 Sex drive is ok... no problem with erection...(although noticed that semen is thin an not as milky)

Meds: Mirtazapine 15 mg (30mg had me hung over and not wanting to get out of bed. Clonazepam .25 mg at night with ^ above, .25 when i wake up Adorol 5mg 2x daily.

I wake up in the am feeling the worst of the anxiety and depression.

Other meds: Viramune, Truvada, Gemfibrozil, Flomax, Claritin, Beconase Supplements: Acidophilus, Vit. A and D, Omega Fish Oil, Allermax (natural allery suppl.) (what do you think is the best dosage of A and D (seperately)

Any thoughts. Thanks.

First of all, stop Vitamin A since it is one of those that can accumulate in the liver. Instead, eat Vitamin A rich foods: liver sweet potatos carrots mangoes spinach cantaloupe dried apricots milk egg yolks mozzarella cheese

Vitamin D at 2000 IU per day is good enough for many people.

You may want to talk to your physician about switching you to another antidepressant that is not Remeron (mirtazapine) to see if that helps with your morning time depression and anxiety. Remeron may make some people drowsy which is good for sleeping but not if you wake up tired,which can worsen your morning time depression.

I see that you take Klonopin (clonazepan) twice a day to decrease your anxiety as well as Adderall (Adorol) to increase your alertness. I am concerned about combining these two medications.

It seems to me that you really need a good psychiatrist and pharmacologist to look at your medication list since there may be some concerning interactions that may get in the way of treating your depression and anxiety.

Nelson

Backside weight loss
testicular atrophy reversal?