Sardines & HIV

Hello Nelson thank you for taking the time to answer my question. After I was diagnosed with HIV in 2007 I became really depressed and gained a lot of weight as I had a love affair with my refrigerator. Before I was diagnosed I was a healthy 30 year old 80kg gay man then I tested Poz & my weight shot up to 118kg (I gained nearly 30kg in 12 months) NOT GOOD AT ALL......

After 5 years of being Poz my viral load is 400 & CD4 count is 900 or 39% (I HAVE NEVER TAKEN ANY MEDS FOR HIV) after I got through my depression with therapy I went on a health kick & eventually lost the weight i gained....but.... I have NOT been exercising for the last 7 months i'm just taking my dog for a walk in the morning.

So how do sardines fit into all this??? Well I am ADDICTED TO TINS OF (SARDINES IN KETCHUP) I have them on toast in pasta in cous cous in salad you name it I've tried it.... but my weight is still 83kg now & has not changed since going on health kick so my question is do sardines aid in WEIGHT LOSS when you are NOT exercising like crazy???? Regards Rae :-)

Sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce the occurrence of cardiovascular disease. They are also a good source of vitamin D, calcium, B12, and protein. Because they are low in the food chain, sardines are very low in contaminants, such as mercury, relative to other fish. Sardines are probably the cheapest source of healthy protein (along with eggs).

You have probably reached a plateau in your weight loss that can probably only be overcome by starting a regular exercise routine. Why resist exercise? Can you walk your dog more frequently? :)

Nelson

nutrition
Acumulacion de grasa y tratamiento