Get the most out of Oxandrin

Hi Nelson My HIV doc is putting me on Oxandrin to help with some muscle loss in my lower back and rear end. Been going to the gym for about a year to try to increase muscle mass in those specific areas, but nothing seems to work. I'm on Atripla, a daily B complex vitimin and a daily multi vit (centrum). I wanted to see if you have any recommendations for other supplements to take while on Oxandrin to increase the benefit of taking it. I usually get to the gym about 4 times a week and target a different muscle group each day. My labs are doing great, VL is undetectible and CD4s are around 1200. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Oxandrin (generic: Oxandrolone) is an oral anabolic steroid indicated for the treatment of disease related unintentional weight loss.

It has been studied in HIV+ men and women with good results when it comes to lean body mass increases, but it has also shown increases in liver enzymes and decreases in good cholesterol (HDL). Like all anabolics, it also shuts down your body's testosterone production, so it is advisable to use it wit testosterone replacement.More information on Oxandrin

So make sure that your doctor follows your HDL, hematocrit, testosterone and liver enzymes while on Oxandrin.

Eating a balanced diet with good fats, slow carbs and lean proteins is also advisable. You can follow the advise in this article: Outsmarting HIV With Healthy Eating

Also, make sure that you follow an effective exercise regimen to maximize the lean body mass gains and fat loss that Oxandrin can help you attain: Best Exercise Regimen

Creatine has shown to increase lean body mass in HIV+ men who exercise, but it can burden your kidneys. So if you are going to use it, ensure that your creatinine clearance is not under 70.

More on creatine and HIV

I hope this information is useful!

Nelson

Noticias del Persistence Workshop 2011
HIV AND LOOKING GOOD?