Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Super charge
Feb 5, 2012

Hi, thanks for responding question. I have been on tenofovir, efavirenz and lamivudine for a little more than 1 years. My cd4 is higher than 500 and my virus load is undetecctable. All my exams are ok, with no kidney problems, creatine level is ok. Is it safe to take SUPER CHARGER from labrada and muscle milk from cytosport for a few months ? Does it have any interaction with my medicine ?

Response from Mr. Vergel

To be honest with you, I will refuse to answer these questions from now on. Supplement manufacturers are not regulated by the FDA and are hardly audited or have their lots analyzed by an outside group.

I am not going to see yes or no knowing that they can add any unlisted compound to their formulas, as they have been known to do in the past.

We all take supplements and we take a chance when we do so. The companies, not me, should be answering these interaction questions. For me to do so assuming that their ingredients are as listed would be irresponsible and naive.

Having said so, you may want to become a member of www.consumerlab.com since they test supplements.

Nelson

Previous
MY SWOLLEN PAROTID (SALIVA) GLANDS AND PROBIOTICS
Next
Electron Radiation Therapy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.