Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Would love clarity about exercise
Feb 2, 2012

Hello. A recent post about exercise and inflammation has me concerned. I was diagnosed in 2006 and I am currently on meds. My counts do not justify changing the present medications, but I am to discontinued the meds for the month of May and test again in June to get on a better medication. Hope that makes sense.

My main question though is about exercise. Since being diagnosed I have run 12 marathons and I try to stay passionate about taking care of my health. My doctor has never suggested that I not run marathons. It is a great outlet for me as I am also a recovering alcoholic. I must admit that I feel that my endurance is shot. I do not know if this is because of the virus or not.

I would sure hate to give up marathoning and I want to get involved in more fitness activities. When exercising I certainly go for more than an hour.... Please help.

Response from Mr. Vergel

Stopping meds for a month to get better ones? That sounds like you are trying to get into a study.

If you are not having the following symptoms when you exercise even as much as you do, I would not be concerned.

Symptoms of over training:

1- You are more fatigued when you finish your work out or run 2- You are losing weight involuntarily 3- Your joints and muscles ache and it takes them a long time to recover 4- Your doctor has told you that you have high CPK in your blood 5- You get upper respiratory infections frequently 6- You wake up very tired the day after you exercise even after 8 hours of sleep 7- You keep injuring yourself with falls, tore tendons, etc

Nelson

Previous
Anavoar Steroid
Next
Prediabetes

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.