revisiting: longevity

hi nelson, u asked me to resend my previous question to remind. in the first question i mentioned about a paper published in lancet which says a 20 yr old man can live added 49 years on HAART. i am 32. is there any statistical data for my age based on currently available meds? and are there any new molecule in pipeline to come in next few years? can u send me names of the new molecules? regards.

There are not data on longevity on new medications since most have been approved since 2008, so we do not have enough time to measure life span benefits. I suspect that life expectancy will increase beyond what was calculated by the model you mentioned which used older drugs that had more side effects.

For a view of what is coming up in the HIV medication and cure pipeline, read this report from TAG:http://www.treatmentactiongroup.org/pipeline-report/2011

Nelson

Alcohol and HIV medication
WB