HIV+ Tri-Athlete and Nitric Oxide

I have been supplementing Nitric Oxide recently and made sure to consult with my pharmacist and doctor. I also did research on my own, and found no interactions wih HAART. Being that NO is a vasodialator I have noticed my capaticity and endurance have strengthened. Let me know your thoughts or concerns regarding this but my last numbers after being on NO for a month remain stable.

Thanks Nelson

The main concern about NO products that I have is the risk of increasing blood pressure and heart rate too hig, and disruptions in sleep if you take them after 3 pm. But if you do not feel out of breath and can ensure that your blood pressure is OK, then good for you. Also, many of them have creatine, so make sure your doctor knows that in case that he sees an increase in creatinine blood levels.

NO products can give you a lot of energy and probably more strength through a work out. Unfortunately we usually do not know what the true ingredients are since the FDA does not regulate nutritional supplements, so there is always a risk when we take anything over-the-counter.

Nelson

Exercise and intentional weight-loss
Alcohol and HIV medication