Exercise and intentional weight-loss

Hi Nelson

Since being diagnosed + in 2006, my weight has pretty much stayed the same (I am 1.78m tall and my weight hovers around 90kg).

I would like to become healthier (reduce my cholesterol levels) while also losing some fat. I do not, however, want to lose SO much weight that I start looking ill.

If I start weight training, cardio etc but do not opt for the suplement route, would I be able to lose fat while building muscle? As a + guy, would my muscle respond differently to a - guy?

If I could reach my goal without supplements, I would opt for that route. I am just not sure if that is a possibility.

Please advise!

As long as your HIV viral load is under control (undetectable) and your health is stable (your doctor should clear you for exercise) there is no reason to believe that exercise will not help you as much as it does to an HIV- person. You do not need to take supplements to gain lean mass and lose fat. But you should definitely watch what you eat and exercise properly.

I am enclosing articles that anyone who wants to attain health and improved body composition while living with HIV should read:

PoWeR Healthy Aging Recommedations

Nelson

Nutrition
HIV+ Tri-Athlete and Nitric Oxide