Truvada

I have been moved over to Truvada from AZT about six months ago. One of my friends have bone loss in his hips for this. My hips and shoulders joint as well as when I sit for a long time I can barley get up. Is this a bone loss problem?

You need to be seen by orthopedic physician to determine what your problem is. Six months of Truvada would not erode your bone density that fast. HIV itself can cause inflammatory responses that rob bones of calcium, but when people start HIV medications bone loss can worsen a bit but it seems that is most cases it stabilizes with time.

The only way to find out for sure if you have bone loss is by having your doctor order a DEXA scan for you. But your hip and shoulder pain may have nothing to do with loss of bone.

Nelson

fish
Testosterone replacement for women?