adap

Hello, I know that this is suppose to be about nutrition and exercise but since you are an activist I wondered if you could answer this for me. What happens to everyone who cannot get adap? If they keep lowering the income then do people just have to not get their meds and wait to die? I don't understand what everyone is suppose to do if they cannot get insurance or be employed. thank you for your time. J

You raise a very good question.

You would have two options if you do not qualify for ADAP due to income and you have no insurance from your work.

1- Buy a high risk insurance policy. Google high risk insurance + your estate. The premiums are high, usually over 350 dollars per month. You can find out more here : State-by-State Tools and Resources

2- Try to see if you can qualify for pharmaceutical companies' patient assistance programs. They all have different income limits but they do not disclose them. Contact Partnership for Prescription Assistance -- visit www.pparx.org or telephone 888-4PPA-NOW -- or the non-profit group Needymeds; visit www.needymeds.org

Before you do all of this, I really would suggest you contact your local HIV public clinic and ask to talk to a case manager that can help you. Google "HIV clinic + your city" and contact them directly to find out if they have case managers that can lead your through the process.

I certainly hope that things improve with Obama's health care reform and that the opposition does not block access to health care for all in this country.

For more information on what health care reform would mean for those of us living with HIV in the United States, please read this great information in this new website created specifically for HIV issues: www.hivhealthreform.org

Nelson

RELIGION FASTING
Apple Cider Vinegar