RELIGION FASTING

Would you recommend religion fasting for 12 days for an HIV person who hasnt started meds living only on water and juice no food..Will it not deteriote my life

Some HIV medications like Complera require food. Norvir is very difficult to take on an empty stomach also. You do not mention if you are taking HIV medications or not. You can see more details on the food requirements of different HIV medications here:HIV medications and food

There is very little data on the effect of fasting on the immune system, but I was able to find one that showed that the total number and percentage of CD4 cells decreased significantly during fasting: Fasting and the immune system

Also, weight loss of 5-10 % of normal body weight has been associated with worse survival in HIV. If you get an opportunistic infection or severe bout of diarrhea when you are thin, you can easily end up in that territory. 12 days of fasting can easily make you lose 5 % of body weight, unless you drink so much juice that your caloric intake stays up. But all that sugar is also not good for you (the fiber in fruit is important to slow down sugar uptake, but you will be drinking juice, not eating whole fruits).

I am not crazy about fasting as you can tell. But I cannot tell you not to do it if your religion requires it. It is ultimately up to you.

Nelson Vergel

Testosterona baja + síntomas = infección ?
adap