Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need to know if I have to begin ARVs treatment
Jan 6, 2012

Hi Doctor, its a pleausure for me to write you. I live in Venezuela, and I have ny diagnostic about 5 five years ago, but I havent still begin a treatment. My last CD4 was in 455, I a went to the doctor and she said me that it wasnt time to begin. I live with a good attitude, and I work everyday, I go to the gym sometimes, I go to University, but I dont want to get sick and I dont want to wait for opportunist disseases in order to begin my ARV treatment. Do you think I have to wait for some time more? Or can I decide it by myself? Please, Im so confused.. Thanks for your question about it and it will be so appreciate. Have a nice new year!!!

Response from Mr. Vergel

I do not what the HIV treatment guidelines in Venezuela say. But in the US, anyone with CD4 cells of 500 cells/ml or less is recommended treatment. Talk to your doctor about your willingness to start treatment and about guidelines and let me know what she says. It may be an economic issue in Venezuela if you are getting free medications from the government there.

Nelson

Previous
hcg protocol
Next
hcg (gonadotropina corionica humana)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.