Hi from worried person nelson

hello nelson, i am just diagnosed. how long can i live?

please check the link: http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/hiv_life_exectancy_survival_1667_14989.shtml

it says:

The researchers predicted that a 20-year-old person starting ARV treatment between 1996 and 1999, the early years of combination ARV therapy, could be expected to live an additional 36 years, to the age of 56. This increased significantly, however, as time passed. A 20-year-old who started treatment between 2003 and 2005 was expected to live an additional 49 years, to the age of 69.

is it true? or just statistical consolation? am i going to die nelson? what should i do to live longer? please help.

Yes, it is true. I would not be surprised if that estimate of life expectancy is revised to add a few more years now that we have less toxic medications compared to the ones that were used during the time that this estimate was calculated. So, do not give up on your plans and dreams and do not use HIV as an excuse for not continuing to be productive and grow as a person. Some people do not let go of all the shame, anxiety, self sabotage and other negative feelings for years after an HIV diagnosis. In fact, I am sure that some people believe they are not worthy of health and happiness since they feel that they deserve HIV for having been "bad". I say it is time to wake up and live!!

Nelson

safe antidepressant for hiv medication combo
Medications that cause poor erections