Help! Testosterone injections

Help!

I am a 33yo young man and was diagnosed HIV+ in 2005.

After over five years of mixed results from Androgel, my total testosterone recently tested ~230ng/dl at 8:30 am before application, and ~115ng/dl at 1pm after application in the morning. After a re-test my doctor and I concluded that the gel clearly wasn't working and possibly never worked well for me. (Looking back at my application and blood test patterns, it's possible I spiked some of the results with gel on my skin)

We switched to Testosterone Cypionate 200mg/week, actually 400mg/EOW. This has been the best and worst thing that has happened to me since testing HIV+.

Best - I have had a few moments, generally around day 5 or 6, where I feel more balanced and alive than I ever have as an adult. I knew I had been feeling "off" for years, but I had no idea what was missing until now. My feelings and emotions have been flat and neutral for years, now I have highs, lows, and feel well.

Worst - It's fleeting. I was skeptical about the roller coaster, but I can really feel the ups and downs. I feel like 400mg might be too much at once - in fact I generally feel most balanced around days 4-7. Then one morning I wake up and the world has changed and it's worse than my neutral days on the gel.

I feel like the solution is to go to 200mg every week. My doctor is OK with but hesitant about self administration, pointing out that it's not easy to reach around backwards. I am trying to convince her that it would be a piece of cake if she can show me how to hit the ventro-gluteal (gluteus medius) site, but she is not familiar with it.

Is there anything you can recommend that could help me get her to put me on a better dosing schedule?

- Struggling but hopeful

400 mg per week is too high of a dose. The normal dose is 100-200 mg per week of testosterone cypionate or enathate. This usually brings total testosterone blood levels above 500 nanograms per dl, but make sure you get your total testosterone retest the day before your 5th injection to see what your lowest level is since by day 6 your testosterone would have reached its lowest level. Readjust the dose if the total testosterone blood level is below 500 or above 1000 ng/dl.

Most of us self inject at home. It is not hard to do. You may want to watch this campy video on how to do it: A DIY Guide To Injecting Testosterone

Nelson

i am a male on ATRIPLA for a year i want a child now.
Compounded Testosterone