Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

So confused about vitamins & supplements!
Nov 13, 2011

I've just finished reading topics in this forum of vitamins & supplements & am so confused as to what to take. Although I supplement now the labels on the products I'm currently using vary from post to post on here as do the recommended vitamins & supplements recommended? I'm currently taking Truvada, Norvair & Prezista my last CD4 count was at 870 but had come down from 1208 & my VL was undetectable but now after to labs up to 90. I have cut back on various supplements & I'm not sure which one if any made a difference. I was taking Phosomax for Osteophenia when I threw in the trash after reading some articles stating that is actually causes bone density to become worse. I also read that Calcium supplements were not good either but then read that they were & my Dr recommended me starting to take 1200 mgs a day again. Can you please give me a MUST DO breakdown on what vitamins/supplements I should be taking. The ones I am taking now all vary. Am taking a Women's Prime Multi from Swanson Vitamins, plus 1 gram of powder Vitamin C, Omega 3 Fish Oil 1 gm w/ Vitamin D (1000 iu's) twice a day but read only need if problems with cholesterol which I do not nor never had & 1 tablespoon of Chlorophyll..I also juice when I can but not that often using fresh (organic when I can find/afford them) fruits & veggies (carrots, beet & spinach. Have also tried the organic Apple Cider Vinegar but am not sure about that since I normally have low blood pressure. Can you please help clear my mind of all this..I have been doing research on these for so long & always end up confused & not sure of what I'm taking being beneficial. Thanks so much in advance I know you have a ton of articles out there on this but again they are all different & really want to get back down to undetectable again as keep going back & forth with being detectable vs undetectable. Have been on meds now for 2+ years & only 3 undetectable VL's 2 being consecutive for 6 months but that's it??

Response from Mr. Vergel

I just posted this entry for a similar question:

Most popular nutritional products in HIV

Nelson

Previous
More on the cure
Next
how about the extra help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.