More on the cure

Nelson, I watched your video...awesome. I have some questions: 1- If I want to send money to the best activist group working on cure research advocacy, who should I send it to? 2- Can Timothy Brown get reinfected in an X4 virus? 3- Why is Timothy here in the US if the German health care system who saved him is so much better? 4-I hear that he is not doing well financially and in basic needs. Where can we send a donation to him? We should not allow our only living cured person perish out of neglect from the community. Thanks for all you do , Nelson. You have always been a trail blazer and definitely ahead of the curve. That I why I always read your posts. Juan

Juan

Thanks for following up about this topic and Timothy Brown.

The best activist group (there are several) that needs the most money is: AIDS Policy Project

Yes, Timothy can get infected by a X4 virus,although these type of viruses are not as efficient at crossing the gut mucosa as R5 viruses (there have been some reported X4 infections in IV drug users)

Timothy left Germany after feeling homesick and losing his support system there. I cannot get into more details since those are personal to him.

Timothy is struggling with some physical issues that require therapy. His health is Ok in general and he only takes antidiarrea medications. His CD4 cells are high and he remains HIV negative (no viral load and negative Elisa and Western Blot) after 5 years of the bone marrow transplant.

I have created a website for him since he is now speaking around the country and I am helping him book those lectures.

Timothy Ray Brown's web site

By the way, if you want to follow cure research closely, you may want to read the latest report from a meeting that many researchers and some activists attended in Baltimore earlier this year. It really summarizes where we are in this exciting field:

HIV Cure-Related Clinical Research Workshop

Also, I have edited my video on the cure:

Cure 10 min Video

I have also listed a few articles here: Program for Wellness Restoration- Nelson Vergel's non profit organization

You can also follow HIV cure advocacy research on facebook at: HIV Cure Research Advocacy Facebook Page

Thanks for your interest. We will soon need activism, so stay tuned for more of my updates in the future.

Nelson Vergel

Most popular nutritional products in HIV
So confused about vitamins & supplements!