Feeling Ill after Exercise

Dear Doctors,

I recently started working out, something I've wanted to do for a long time. My CD4 is around 500 and my Viral Load is undetectable.

Each time I workout I feel as though I have the flu the next day. I'm not just sore from working out, something I expect, but my whole body is achy - the kind of achy you feel when you have a temperature and are sick with either the flu or a cold. I know the difference between being sore and feeling as though I'm achy and sick. This has happened every time after working out and occurs the day after.

I do not have a temp and am not really sick but that's the way I feel each time after working out. My doctors doesn't have a clue what could be going on and simply thinks I'm sore from the workout, but this is not the case. I know my body well enough to know how I really feel. Can you explain this to me? I'd like to continue with the workout but don't want to continue feeling this way.

There could be several reasons for your problem:

1- You are exercising too much. Cut down on the intensity and see what happens.

2- You are dehydrated. Try to drink at least 6 glasses of water a day.

3- Your CPK may be high. Read this post about that: High CPK

Let me know what you find out about the CPK or any changes in your exercise routine.

Nelson

quit my meds for two years. feel so much better.
Testosterone question