quit my meds for two years. feel so much better.

I have been positive for 15 years with HIV two years after I started taking crixivan then after i tried that I started taking atripla, after that i tried the combo Truvada Norvir and lexiva. All of theses combinations have made my belly so big not to mention all the terrible side affects that i have been dealing with for years.

So i made a decision to quit taking my meds, so for two years i have not taken any HIV meds, I feel so much better and i feel alive. When i was on the HIV meds i was severely clinically depressed. Can you give me some feedback? i would surly appreciate it I'm very positive about my life now I do Yoga and meditate and keep stress out of my thinking.

I Sincerely Appreciate any helpful comments,

Chad

Chad

I do not doubt that you feel better now that you are not on HIV medications. But you know that you will eventually pay the price of not having a controlled HIV viral load. We have seen several studies that show that once you lose CD4 cells to lower CD4 cell nadirs (meaning, the lowest CD4 cell numbers you have had), parts of the immune system do not recover even when CD4 cells go up again when HIV medications are started again.

We now have more side effect friendly medications like Isentress (raltegravir), Selzentry (Maraviroc), Intelence (etravirine), Endurant, and Complera (Endurant plus Truvada)so talk to your doctor about these options after reviewing your genotype test results. I would not assume that you will feel as bad on these medications.

Nelson

tengo sifilis y resistencia al retroviral
Feeling Ill after Exercise