|Prednisone and PEP
Oct 14, 2011
Is taking prednisone while on a 4-week PEP treatment safe or is there a possibility that it may lower the effectiveness of the PEP treatment?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Unless doses of prednisone are high (ie >> 20-40 mg/day)I would not expect prednisone to significantly impact the anti-HIV effect of a post exposure course of standard antiretroviral medications. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
- How Can You Catch Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.