Prednisone and PEP
Oct 14, 2011
Is taking prednisone while on a 4-week PEP treatment safe or is there a possibility that it may lower the effectiveness of the PEP treatment?
Response from Dr. Henry
Unless doses of prednisone are high (ie >> 20-40 mg/day)I would not expect prednisone to significantly impact the anti-HIV effect of a post exposure course of standard antiretroviral medications. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
- How To Tell Partner You Have Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.